Look After Your Feet/in Body Health/by StretchSPOT
Feet are a super-important body part. We need them to get around, and when they hurt it affects us greatly and can make us thoroughly miserable. Since StretchSPOT opened, many people have come to us because their feet hurt. Some don’t know why they are in pain but they want a solution.
WHY DO FEET HURT?
• You work standing up all day.
• Your shoes do not fit you well and may be too tight or too big.
• You play sports and you don’t stretch.
• You never considered stretching your toes.
• You have Plantar Fasciitis characterized by pain and often lumps in the bottom of the foot.
• You have Achilles Tendinitis which is characterized by pain felt in the heel and calf and is caused by inflammation of the Achilles tendon which attaches your calf muscles to your heel bone.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP SORE FEET?
If you work on your feet all day, when you can, take a load off! If you think your shoes are the problem make sure they fit you well and that, if you have wide feet, you get a shoe with a wider fitting. Be sure to replace your shoes on a regular basis to ensure you have the right support. Look at getting to know your feet better. Start with stretching your toes (see below). If you think you are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis or Achilles Tendinitis, seek out a treatment. StretchSPOT can help you alleviate and treat both of these conditions.
Click here to learn more about Plantar Fasciitis.
Click here to learn more about Achilles Tendinitis.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR FEET?
• Proper foot care helps avoid foot problems such as hammer toes and bunions, hooks, or curled feet.
• Taking care of feet can help retain space in between your toes which helps avoid athlete’s foot or other fungal infections.
• Foot care helps with maintaining a full range of motion of your toes independently. This can help prevent problems with your feet like Plantar Fasciitis.
STRETCHES FOR FEET
We got these cool stretches from an article we read called Why You Need Toe Stretches on healthline.com
• Take your toes in your hands and bend them all downward, to stretch the top of your foot.
• Take your toes in your hands and bend them all upward, enough to feel a nice stretch in the bottom of your foot, not just the toes.
• Pull each toe apart from the next.
• Pull the little and big toes away from each other at once, restoring healthy width to the front of the foot.
• Pull any toes that are bent up until they are back downward. Pull bent down areas gently straight and pull curled toes straight out to restore straight length.
So, there you have it folks. Take care of your feet and they will serve you well!
3855 Pacific Coast Hwy #2
Torrance, CA 90505
1111 Aviation Blvd,
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
Mon – Thu: 10AM-7PM
Sat & Sun: 9AM-1PM
- Supercharge Your Immune System Naturally: Easy Tips for a Stronger DefenseMay 23, 2023 - 8:24 pm
- Athletic Recovery and the Benefits of Stretch TherapyMay 22, 2023 - 9:45 pm
- Prolonged Sitting and Lower Back Pain: How Stretching Can HelpMay 20, 2023 - 8:24 pm