Tag Archive for: stretch
In a nut shell,
stretching is great for you! But you knew that right? Check out the reasons to
get some kind of stretching into your life…
1. Stretching Reduces Pain
Tight muscles cause pain! They cause parts of the body to be pulled in the wrong directions, example, tight hamstrings can cause the pelvis to be pulled down creating pressure and pain on the lower back. Stretching out tight muscles will relieve this pain and make you feel a whole lot better. It could also help you avoid surgery and everyone wants that, right?!
2. Stretching Helps You Compete as an Athlete
Whether you’re a Pro Baller or a Weekend Warrior, you want to be the best you can be at your sport, right? Of course! Regular stretching gets the blood and therefore oxygen and nutrients flowing quickly through your body This boosts performance, keeps you going for longer and reduces post-workout soreness.
3. Stretching Combats Stress
We all get stressed, some of us more than others. Stress restricts the blood flow and causes tension in your muscles and lower back. Stretching stimulates receptors in the nervous system that decrease the production of stress hormones and stretching out those tight muscles brings physical and mental relief.
4. Stretching Improves Health
Because it increases circulation and gets the blood flowing, stretching can be seriously good for your overall health! Good circulation produces vigorous cell growth and improved organ functioning. Well-functioning circulation keeps the heart rate lower and protects against high blood pressure and heart disease.
The moral of the story? Get your stretch on guys! Whether you do it alone, with a partner, in a class or with us down at StretchSPOT, clear out a little patch of time in your schedule to stretch and you will reap the rewards.
- Reduce Muscular Pain: Tight muscles can lead to pain and discomfort, for example, pressure is placed on the lower back when the pelvis is pulled down by tight hamstrings. Stretching these tight muscles frequently alleviates this pain.
- Increase Flexibility: At StretchSPOT our technique involves trigger point release during the stretch which separates the muscle and helps to improve flexibility and increase range of motion.
- Help Avoid and Recover from Injury: Lack of stretching causes the tendons around muscles to stiffen creating tightness and limited range of motion in everyday activities. Over time you become slower and prone to injury, muscle strains and other soft tissue damage. Stretching out the muscles relieves this tension and tightness and protects against future injury.
- Enhance Athletic Performance: Regular stretching increases blood flow and relieves muscle fatigue by loosening muscles and tendons. This helps achieve greater physical endurance during sports and workouts because oxygen flows readily through the blood, delaying muscle fatigue. Stretching helps to reduce post workout soreness.
- Improve Posture: Stretching the muscles of the lower back, chest and shoulders helps hold the spine in alignment which improves posture, can reduce pain and discomfort, and prevent injury.
- Increase Circulation: Stretching increases nutrients and blood flow to the muscles, promoting vigorous healthy cell growth and improved organ functioning. Well-functioning circulation keeps the heart rate lower and helps protect against high blood pressure and heart disease.
Mon – Thu: 10AM-7PM
Sat & Sun: 9AM-1PM